Dunstone Primary School
At Dunstone Primary School, the curriculum is designed to:
• provide first hand learning experiences for every child.
• inspire every child to learn more.
• allow every child to believe they can.
• give every child a voice.
• allow every child to become critical and reflective thinkers.
• Equip every child with confidence for the next step in their learning journey.
In our school, every child is recognised as a unique individual. We celebrate and welcome differences within our school community. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge, concepts and values. We provide high quality enhancement opportunities to engage learning and believe that childhood should be a happy, curious and enquiring time where there is a thirst for new experiences and knowledge. We use ‘Secrets of Success’ to promote positive attitudes to learning which reflect the values and skills needed to promote responsibility for learning and future success.
A focus upon on the acquisition of basic skills underpins our whole curriculum, for without the ability to talk, read, write and apply basic mathematical concepts to problems, children will be unable to access any other form of learning.
Our curriculum is implemented using a variety of whole school approaches and resources including:
• Talk for writing
• Maths mastery
• DfE Letters and Sounds
• National Curriculum Statutory Guidance
• Early Years Outcomes (Development Matters)
• Plymouth agreed RE syllabus
• Wild Tribe outdoor learning
• Imoves PE active learning resources