The School Council is designed to give children some ownership of the issues that are important to them in their school.
Two children in each class are chosen by their classmates to represent their views on how to make the school an even better place in which to be educated.
As members of the School Council the children commit to the following:
- I come to school regularly and on time.
- I am a good role model to other pupils.
- I will be able to attend the meetings.
- I try my best every day.
- I show respect to everyone around me.
- I take responsibility for my actions.
- I am proud of Dunstone and want to make it even better.
Children meet regularly with Mrs Bateson to discuss ways forward and to explain reasons behind certain courses of action. This is a vital element in our PSHE Citizenship Programme.